Friday, October 3, 2008

The Loss of a Friend

The last 12 hours have been very difficult. Yesterday, a good friend of mine was a passenger in a fatal car accident. Ana died at the scene, she was only 24 years old. She was an extraordinary person with a heart of gold and the voice of an angel. I'll always remember her beautiful smile.

I had known Ana since the 6th grade, but unfortunately we grew apart after high school. It saddens me that, since moving back to New Jersey, I had been meaning to reach out to her but never made the time to do so. It's amazing how easy it is to postpone things, thinking there is always tomorrow. How easy it is to take for granted the chances we have to be with those we care about. Life is so fragile. We know this, but often forget it. I pray that God may comfort her family, bringing them strength to endure this trying time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would totally agree with you on all of that. Our son was born last dec with esophageal atresia and down syndrome and i also have a 5 and 7 year old so i always find it easy to shrug other things besides my family off and i dont really feel bad about it i would rather spend my last day of life with them than doing laundry that can be done later if that makes any since. god bless you and your family.