Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nine Months!





Today Gabs turned nine months old. Nine months!! I can't believe how quickly she's growing! I don't think it'll be long before she takes her first solo step. For the last couple of month, she's been able pull herself up to a stand while holding on to things and now (pics below) she stands on her own for a few seconds before falling on her butt.


When ever she hears music, Gaby dances by moving her arms & clapping (when sitting) or bendng her knees (when standing). It's the cutest thing! She' fascinated by the optimum triple play Reggaeton commercial...lol. She'll stop whatever she's doing to look at the TV & clap.

Her new favorite foods are cheese & yogurt (she loves them!). She knows to slap the palm of my hand when I say "give me five" (although she never hits my hand only once :) and she points to my nose when I ask "Cadê o nariz da mamãe?" (where's mommy's nose?). She says "mãe" when she cries and "boo" when she wants to be breastfed.
One of the biggest changes that we've noticed is the separation anxiety. I work full time so I drop her off at the sitter at 9am & pick her up at 5pm. She never cries when I drop her off, I usually breastfeed her and get her ready for morning nap. She willingly goes into the arms of the sitter, whom my family affectionately calls " vó" (grandma). This is a great thing because if she cried in the morning, I'd be too heartbroken to leave. However, the afternoon is a whole different story. The second she sees me I have to pick her. In the past, I was able to at least go to the sink to wash my hands. Now, she'll get histerical! Instead, I keep the hand sanitizer in the car and just use that. After I pick her up, she refuses to be held by anyone else but me. Although this can be a little problematic, I've noticed a little boost in my "mommy ego".

No comments: